Bachelor of Arts at Lund University:
- In Language and Literature
- In the History of Ideas & Science + Philosophy
+ a year at the Swedish Agricultural University.
Moving (step by step) towards my 3 master’s degrees:
- Master of Arts 1: In Cognitive Science (Lund University)
- Master of Arts 2: In the History of Ideas & Science (Umeå University)
- Master of Science: Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University, UK)
My academic focus for the moment:
2022-2027 MSc in Contemporary Person-Centred Psychotherapy and Applications, Metanoia Institute, and Middlesex University, London, UK – a parttime commitment.
Other relevant educations, trainings & Continuing Professional Development Courses:
- 2023 Fundamental Art Education, The Österlen School for Art & Design, Sweden
- 2022 CPD Course: "A Disorder for Everyone - Understanding dissociative experiences without the "disorder" bit!", Drop the Disorder, UK (online training)
- 2021 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Skills and Studies, Metanoia Institute, UK (online training)
- 2021 Accredited and Registered VictimFocus Trainer (train the trainer course on how to train professionals and the public to become trauma informed with psychology of abuse, violence, trauma, blame, shame and sexual/domestic offending), with VictimFocus and Dr. Jessica Taylor, UK (online training).
- 2020 “Takin’ it to the feet” Nonhuman Nature Research Methods. Indigenous Research Methods (IRM), The Kerulos Center for Nonviolence, US (online training)
- 2020 Training in Advanced Trauma Sensitive Mindfulness, Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: Advanced Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: Widening the Window of Tolerance and Supporting Trauma Recovery, USA (online training)
- 2019 “The Effect of Polyvagal on Healing Trauma” Course, with Stephen Porges, International Trauma-Healing Institute, Israel
- 2019 Training in Trauma Sensitive Mindfulness, Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness, USA (online training)
- 2019 Basic Training in PTSD, ViduNova Trauma Expertiscentrum, Sweden
- 2018 Introduction week in Gestalt Therapy, GIS International, Denmark
- 2018 Certified Dancing Mindfulness Facilitator, Mindful Ohio & The Institute for Creative Mindfulness, UK
- 2016 Additional training in Mindfulness at Work, Mindfulnesscentrum, Sweden
- 2015 Equine Assisted Coaching and Learning for Corporations and Organizations, TAAC/EAGALA – hosted by me in Sweden
- 2015 Certified Mindfulness Instructor, Mindfulnesscentrum, Sweden
- 2013 EAGALA Advanced Training, UK
- 2013 Applied Equine Zooanthropology (Equine-Human Interaction Facilitator), Learning Animals, The Netherlands
- 2012 The EAGALA Model in the Military: A Practical Application, Germany
- 2012 Equine Assisted Psychotherapy & Learning, EAGALA Certified as an Equine Specialist, Level 1 & 2, UK
- 2006 Project Leader Training, TietoEnator, Sweden
- 1997 Education in Graphic Design, TiM, Sweden
Lundgren, K. (2021). Applying Theoretical Frameworks and Organizational Structures to Help Develop the Animal Assisted Therapy Field, in Career Paths in Human-Animal Interaction for Social and Behavioral Scientists, edited by Lori Kogan and Phyllis Erdman, Routledge
Lundgren, K. (2018). Freedom From... and Freedom To... Equine Welfare and the role of the Equine Professional in Equine Assisted Interventions, in A Horse is a Horse of Course, Compendium 3, (2018), edited by Ilka Parent, Amazon Kindle Publishing
Lundgren, K. (2018). What science says about equine-human interaction in equine assisted therapy - An outline to a theoretical framework, in Equine-Assisted Mental Health Interventions Harnessing Solutions to Common Problems, edited by Kay Sudekum Trotter and Jennifer Baggerly, Routledge
Lundgren, K. (2017). The Horse as a Biological Being – Ecology and Evolutionary Adaptations, in A Horse is a Horse of Course, Compendium 1, 2017, edited by Ilka Parent, CreativeSpace
Lundgren, K. (2017). Equine Cognition and Equine-Human Interactions – Expanding Our Knowledge on Equines to Improve Equine Assisted Therapies and Equine Welfare and Wellbeing, in A Horse is a Horse of Course, Compendium 1, 2017, edited by Ilka Parent, CreativeSpace
Lundgren, K. (2017). Sharing Minds – Equine-Human Intersubjectivity in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy – An Outline to a Theoretical Framework, in A Horse is a Horse of Course, Compendium 1, 2017, edited by Ilka Parent, CreativeSpace
Artistic and Informative Publications
Lundgren, K. (2023). I AM HAPPY! A Journey. Amazon Kindle Publishing
Presentations at Conferences
Lundgren K. (2023, March) Introduction workshop to Trauma Sensitive Equine Assisted Mindfulness, at “The Beginning is NOW”, the 13th gathering and conference by Compassionate Mental Health UK, Wales UK
Frasca, J., Kirby, M., Lundgren, K. and Parish-Plass, N. (2021, September). Shared Experiences: Using Intersubjectivity theory and Experiential Learning theory, through the lens of 4E Cognition, as a framework to understand relational and experiential processes in AAP. Symposium “Animal-assisted psychotherapy: It’s all about the relationship” Part of the 2021 IAHAIO conference, US.
Lundgren, K. (2021, June). Trauma Sensitive Equine Assisted Mindfulness for Cancer Patients with Post-Traumatic Stress. Oral presentation at HETI 2021 SEOUL. The Federation of Horses in Education & Therapy International 17th International Congress
Lundgren, K. (2021, June) Rhythms of Relating – A Common Window of Rhythm for Horses and Humans? Oral presentation at the 3rd Annual Equine Cultures in Transition Conference, Swedish Agricultural University (SLU), Uppsala, Sweden.
Lundgren, K. (2021, February). Becoming Present by Becoming Whole, Trauma Sensitive Equine Assisted Mindfulness (TS-EAM) at the online conference NOURISHED: The Role of Beauty, Nourishment, Safety and Strength in Equine, Animal & Nature Assisted Psychotherapy and Learning, The Equine Psychotherapy Institute, Australia
Lundgren. K. (2020, May) Using Cognitive Science as a lens and Intersubjectivity Theory as a theoretical framework to understand equine-human interaction and co-existence. Oral presentation at the 3rd International Equine Welfare and Wellbeing Conference organized by Proyecto Caballo, Barcelona, Spain.
Lundgren, K. (2020, February). Horse-Human Intersubjectivity in Equine Assisted Therapies, Oral presentation as an invited speaker at Swedish Red Cross Centre for Persons Affected by War and Torture in Malmö, Sweden
Lundgren, K. (2019, December) Sharing Minds in Motion – Equine-Human Interaction in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP). Invited Speaker at the “From Theory to Practice in Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy” seminar day at the Cavaliero Stables in collaboration with IAAAP – The Israeli Association of Animal-Assisted Psychotherapy, Kfar Bnei Zion, Israel.
Kieson, E., Lundgren, K. (August 2019) Animal-Assisted Interventions: Competencies and Ethics – Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Trauma. Oral presentation at the Collaborative Symposium at the 2019 American Psychological Association Annual Convention, Chicago, IL, US.
Lundgren, K. (2018, August) Freedom From... and Freedom To... Equine Welfare and the role of the Equine Professional in Equine Assisted Interventions. Oral presentation at the 2nd Annual International Symposium on Equine Welfare and Wellness, Torna Hallestad, Sweden.
Lundgren, K. (2018, June) Sharing Minds. Equine-Human Intersubjectivity in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. Oral presentation at HETI 2018 – 16th International Congress of Equine Facilitated Programmes, Dublin, Ireland.
Lundgren, K. (2017, August) Equine Welfare and Wellbeing in Equine Assisted Therapies. Oral Presentation at the 2nd Animal Welfare Science Symposium at Swedish University of Agricultural Science, Uppsala, Stockholm.
Lundgren, K., Tarka, M. (2017, July) The Horse as a Biological Being – Ecology and Evolutionary Adaptations. Oral presentation at the 1st Annual International Symposium on Equine Welfare and Wellness, Wartenberg-Rohrbach, Germany (as well as being co-organizer).
Lundgren, K. (2017, July) Equine Cognition and Equine-Human Interactions – Expanding Our Knowledge on Equines to Improve Equine Assisted Therapies and Equine Welfare and Wellbeing. Oral presentation at the 1st Annual International Symposium on Equine Welfare and Wellness, Wartenberg-Rohrbach, Germany.
Lundgren, K. (2017, July) Sharing Minds – Equine-Human Intersubjectivity in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy – An Outline to a Theoretical Framework. Oral presentation at the 1st Annual International Symposium on Equine Welfare and Wellness, Wartenberg-Rohrbach, Germany.
Lundgren. K. (2016, October) How we as facilitators see, treat, and keep our horse(s). A key factor in the outcome of EAP/L sessions. Or how we never can take ourselves and our knowledge, ideas and views out of the equation. Accepted oral presentation at the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association Annual Conference, Werkendam, The Netherlands.
Lundgren, K. (2015, January) Meeting Individuals from different Cultures – Animals in Human Therapy. Accepted oral presentation at the 3rd Minding Animals Conference, New Delhi, India.
Lundgren, K. (2014, November) The Subjectivity of the Horse – Why it is necessary for us to consider it. Accepted Oral presentation at the 2nd Nordic Research Seminar on Equine Assisted Therapy, Stockholm, Sweden.
Lundgren, K., Tarka, M. & Boström, J. (2014, March) Minds in Motion Education & Research Centre. Oral presentation at the seminar series “The Animal Turn” at the Pufendorf Institute at Lund University, Lund, Sweden.
Lundgren, K. (2012, June) Keynote Speaker at the conference “Home Based Care - the solution to an aging society” A Sweden/China perspective. Det medicinska Malmö, Swecare foundation and Umeå University, in Sweden
Stanko-Kaczmarek, M., Lundgren, K., Sikorska, M. (June 2023) TRAUMA, MINDFULNESS, AND HORSES - Trauma Sensitive Equine Assisted Mindfulness as a New Method of Working with Trauma. Psychological Aspects of Traumatic Experiences - Contexts, Diagnosis, Intervention, Prevention', organized by The Polish Academy of Sciences and the University of Lodz, Poland
Kieson, E., Lundgren, K. (August 2020) The Role of Touch, Proximity, and Affiliative Behaviors on Horse-Human Interactions. Accepted for presentation at the 2020 American Psychological Association Annual Convention, Washington DC, US
Kieson, E., Lundgren, K. (August 2020) The Implications of Touch on Equine Welfare in Equine-Human Interactions and Equine-Assisted Activities and Therapies. Accepted for presentation at the 2020 American Psychological Association Annual Convention, Washington DC, US
Kieson E., Lundgren, K., Abramson C. I. (November 2019) Incorporating Equine Ethology and Behavioral Psychology into EAP. Accepted for presentation at the International Conference for the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship, Denver, CO, US
Kieson, E., Lundgren, K., Abramson, C. I.. (August 2019) Preliminary Findings of Observations of Affiliative and Stress Behaviors in Large Horse Herds with Variations in Resources. 15th Annual Conference for the International Society for Equitation Science, Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
- 2023 Educator and project partner in the Nordplus project “Neurodivergence Focused Animal and Nature Assisted Interventions" (Latvia, Finland, Sweden)
- 2022-2023 Educator and project partner in the Erasmus + project “Zirgi terapijā un mācībās/Erasmus+ Baltijas jūras projekts (Horses in therapy and learning) Erasmus+ Baltic Sea project (Latvia-Sweden)
- 2020-2021 Research assistant/Coordinator in a pre-pilot study, funded by Ann Kern-Godal Memorial Fund on TS-EAM, Norway
- 2019-2022 Project leader of the Project “HorseHub” – a Leader project owned by Kävlinge Municipality, Sweden
Voluntary Work and Board Director/Trust Assignments
2017-Ongoing Chair of board in, and founder of, Stiftelsen (The trust/foundation) MiMer (founded 2013, turned into a trust 2017). A trust and an NGO that works with promoting, spreading, supporting, and doing, research and education about equine and nature assisted therapy, trauma therapy mindfulness, learning, and equine welfare, equine-human interaction, equine science, with the goal to enhance methods of how to alleviate human trauma and suffering, whilst maintaining high equine welfare and a care about our natural environments.
- 2019-2021 Board member in Emprogage AB
- 2016-2020 Co-organizer and co-administrator of “A Horse is a Horse, of Course Symposiums & Compendiums, in Collaboration with Minds-n-Motion, Germany
- 2006-2019 Board member in Rusthållaregården AB
- 2013-2016 Board member in LEADER Lundaland
- 2012–2018 Network Coordinator Eagala Sweden
- 2008-2016 Board member in Bobang Sweden AB
Businesses: Sole Proprietor and Director of the Trust/foundation MiMer Centre
- 2004-Ongoing Owner (Sole Proprietor), developer, advocate, trainer, writer, speaker, content creator, educator, facilitator, photographer, artist, etc., at Live the Change and Katarina Lundgren
- 2013-Ongoing – Researcher, trainer, educator, facilitator, developer, content creator, writer, and speaker at MiMer Centre.
- 2013-Ongoing Founder, director, manager, and developer of MiMer – International Equine-Human Education, Research Centre, which promotes research, educates on equines and equines-human interaction in therapies, and safeguards ethics and welfare for all beings involved in the field of animal assisted activities and interventions. MiMer Centre also educates on trauma informed/aware/sensitive care/approaches, and offers national and international trainings, workshops, seminars etc. on all the above topics, as well as coordinates/organizes international symposiums and publishes books and other educational material.
- 2010-2018 Founder, director, manager, and developer of the hostel Trollskogens Vandrarhem with horse/riding tourism as one of its main offers.
- 2011-2018 Founder, director, manager and developer of Horse & Nature, a business that offered personal development to individuals and private persons and corporations and psychotherapy to different groups of clients, together with horses, out in nature.
- 2009-2014 Founder, director, manager, and developer of Lilla Hästskolan, a riding and education center where children and adults came and learned about horses and riding – in lessons, after school activities, camps during holidays, educational workshops, trainings, and clinics.
- 2006-2014 Founder, director, manager, and developer of Rustållaregårdens Reklambyrå with commissions as a web designer and marketing strategist/communicator, helping smaller businesses and organizations, with a focus on Chinese companies seeking Swedish collaborators in the Life Science sector.
- 2004-2015 Manager of Rusthållaregården, a livery yard, taking care of and being responsible for about 30 horses daily, as well as tend to the human side of horse ownership and stable/barn management.
- 2005-2006 Info/web master at BTJ Nordic AB
- 2003-2005 Graphic designer at BTJ Nordic AB
- 2002-2003 Communication/Marketing Specialist/Coordinator at BTJ Nordic AB
- 1999-2002 Educator/Administrator at BTJ Nordic AB
- 1998-1999 Teacher in web design, Webbstugan, Lund Municipality
- 1994-1997 Reporter/interviewer/writer at the corporate/industry magazine at Åkerlund & Rausing AB
- 1987-1994 Switchboard operator, receptionist, factory worker, shop assistant, kitchen aid, archivist at Åkerlund & Rausing AB etc. I had several shorter and longer employments at different corporations and organizations during my time as a student at Lund University and as a high school student at Katedralskolan in Lund.
I am fluent in Swedish and English. I do speak some Italian and French (but understand quite a lot, which also goes for German). As a Nordic person - I do fine in Danish and Norwegian (and some Icelandic) as well. I have studied Chinese (30 HP + evening schools), but not kept it active, so rudimentary capacity to understand and speak, but who knows, it might wake up if needed? I have studied Swedish at the university (150 HP), included in that are studies of other languages. I am somewhat of a language nerd and take an interest in people’s languages as well as their culture.